The healthcare sector is among the most highly regulated industries. Subject to intense government scrutiny and subject to lawsuits across a wide range of issues, healthcare service providers need counsel from lawyers who know the industry, the law and regulatory challenges.
With decades of experience representing healthcare providers, hospitals, healthcare facilities and medical groups, Segal McCambridge has gained a deep understanding of the legal needs of the healthcare industry.
Segal McCambridge provides comprehensive service to a diverse clientele, including:
- Acute care providers
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Assisted-living facilities
- Clinical laboratories
- Hospitals and other healthcare facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Mental health providers and other specialists
- Nursing homes
- Physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Physicians’ practice groups
- Urgent care facilities
We offer strategic risk avoidance advice, litigate disputes and assure regulatory compliance. Our lawyers advise on day-to-day operations, employment and labor-related issues, data retention and patient privacy concerns. We also have an impressive record of convincing judges and juries that an unfortunate medical outcome is not necessary the result of negligence or malpractice.
Among the many and varied claims we have handled are:
- Contract disputes
- HIPAA, HITech Act and doctor-patient privacy issues
- Hospital security
- Informed consent
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Labor and employment issues, including negligent hiring, training and supervision
- Medical devices and surgical equipment
- Medical malpractice
- Medical staff credentialing and re-credentialing
- Medicaid and Medicare-related issues, including reimbursement, fraud and abuse
- Patient abuse and neglect
- Pharmaceuticals and drug administration errors
- Premises liability
- Personal injury, including wrongful death
- Wrongful termination and discrimination
We are experienced with all forms of alternative dispute resolution including arbitrations, mediations and negotiated settlements and have advised on and represented clients in administrative hearings, disciplinary proceedings, investigations and audits.
Tech-Savvy & Cost-Effective Representation
Our Medical Negligence & Healthcare Liability Litigation attorneys possess the experience, tech know-how and capabilities to present a convincing, state-of-the-art legal defense. Working closely with leading medical experts and employing our extensive database of medical information, case law, and expert testimony, we are well positioned to quickly and cost-effectively build a strong strategic defense when claims arise.
Risk Avoidance Counsel
We offer our clients proactive advice and staff training programs to help them identify risks, properly maintain records, preserve key evidence and limit their liability exposure. We also assist with devising, implementing and enforcing policies, protocols and procedures.
Articles & Publications
- Corporate Counsel, 1.29.15
- Corporate Counsel, 1.29.15