Segal McCambridge brings deep experience in the sports, recreation and amusement arenas, counseling clients on changing regulations and ever-evolving trends.
In an industry approaching $80 billion in North America, there is a lot at stake.
Over the years we have advised a variety of sports and entertainment entities, including venue owners and operators, recreation facilities, amusement parks, equine-related entities and camps. This includes defending claims for premises and spectator liability as well as professional and amateur athletes themselves.
On the preventive side, we help clients develop risk prevention programs and protocols for dealing with issues that may arise in the course of an activity.
Our equine law practice includes representing owners of horses competing as hunters, jumpers and in Dressage nationally and internationally.
Our clients include:
- Professional and amateur sports teams and leagues
- Sporting and entertainment venue owners and operators
- Concert promoters
- Nightclubs, bars and restaurants
- Amusement parks and family entertainment centers
- Water parks
- Site based entertainment venues
- Recreation centers
- Athletic training facilities
- Golf resorts
- Ski resorts
- Race tracks
- Horse owners